© 2020 Sarkeys Foundation, a Nonprofit Organization
All rights reserved.
530 East Main St. • Norman, OK 73071
405 • 364 • 3703
Interested applicants may access a Letter of Inquiry form here.
(Read Section VI: Letters of Inquiry below for more details.)
Submissions must be completed by the deadlines outlined below:
• LETTERS OF INQUIRY are due in our office by 5pm, Tuesday, December 1, 2020
for the February 1, 2021 grant deadline.
• LETTERS OF INQUIRY are due in our office by 5pm, Tuesday, June 1, 2021
for the August 2, 2021 grant deadline.
Sarkeys Foundation is a private, charitable foundation, incorporated under the laws of the State of Oklahoma and
operated exclusively for providing support through gifts and grants to charitable, scientific, and educational institutions
which are qualified under section 501(c)(3) and which are not private foundations within the meaning of section 509(a) of
the Internal Revenue Service Code of 1954 or comparable sections of the Internal Revenue Service Code added at a later date.
II. Governing Body
The Foundation is administered by a Board of Trustees and an Executive Director.
The Trustees meet quarterly in January, April, July and October. Grant proposals are considered at the April and October meetings.
IV. Response to Inquiries
A response to each request or inquiry will be made by the Foundation within a reasonable time.
The Trustees invite proposals and applications from qualified charitable institutions. To qualify, a 501(c)(3) agency must
be headquartered and provide services in Oklahoma. A careful evaluation of each such request will be made. Nonprofit representatives are urged not to wait until the final deadline.
A. Major areas of support by the Sarkeys Foundation include:
2. Social service and human service needs;
3. Cultural and humanitarian programs of State significance.
B. Needs normally outside the range of support by the Sarkeys Foundation:
1. Local programs appropriately financed within the community;
2. Direct mail solicitations and annual campaigns;
3. Out of state institutions;
5. Purchase of vehicles;
6. Grants to individuals;
7. Responsibility for permanent financing of a program;
8. Programs whose ultimate intent is to be profit making;
9. Start-up funding for new organizations;
10. Feasibility studies;
11. Grants which trigger expenditure responsibility by Sarkeys Foundation;
12. Direct support to government agencies;
13. Individual public or private elementary or secondary schools, unless they are serving the needs of a special
population which are not being met elsewhere; and
14. Religious institutions and their subsidiaries.
VI. Letters of Inquiry
Organizations are required to submit a Letter of Inquiry to determine whether they meet the criteria and priorities for
funding. Representatives are required to speak with a program officer for more information, to ask any questions
about the process and for a pre-grant interview.
The Letter of Inquiry is a fillable form, accessible via the button below. Deadlines for letters to be received at Sarkeys are:
• 5 pm, Tuesday, December 1, 2020 for the February 1, 2021 Grant Deadline;
– OR – • 5 pm, Tuesday, June 1, 2021 for the August 2, 2021 Grant Deadline.
Successful applicants will be notified approximately two weeks after the Letter of Intent deadline and will receive information to complete an online application. There are no exceptions made for applications or parts of applications submitted afterthe deadline.
The Letter of Inquiry form will require the following information:
Contact Name, Address, Email and Phone Number
Description of the Organization
Description of the Project
Total Project Cost
Federal Tax ID Number
VII. Application Frequency
Organizations are limited to one application per calendar year or twelve month period. Organizations with a current grant
from Sarkeys Foundation are prohibited from applying for additional funding until final payment has been received and expended.
VIII. Content of Proposals
Successful applicants will be notified two weeks after the Letter of Intent deadline and will be given information to
complete an online application. Sarkeys accepts proposals through an online process. Sarkeys Foundation does not accept faxed or e-mailed proposals.
Below are the primary components of the application:
• Executive Summary
• Financial and Endowment Information
• Board Template
• Description of the Organization
• Description of the Project
• Collaborative Efforts in Your Community
• Line-item Budget for the Request
• List of Secured Funds and Pledges, Outstanding Requests and Other Potential Sources of Funding
• Audit required for organizations with assets in excess of $500,000
• A letter from the auditor stating that no material weaknesses were discovered
IX. Challenge Grants
The Board, at its discretion, may determine to award a grant contingent upon certain conditions and/or the fulfillment of an institution’s additional fundraising obligation for the project in question within a specified time period.
X. Proposal Format
The Letter of Inquiry and the grant application must be completed online. If you encounter any difficulties or have questions, please contact the Foundation directly for assistance.
TO ACCESS THE
LETTER OF INQUIRY FORM.